1. Forty-four (44) members attended the XXXII nd AGM of the Indian Institute of
Metals was held at Hotel Pankaj on 15th July 2011.
2. Meeting started with silent prayer. Chairman welcomed the members for the
meeting and thanked them for their presence. After welcome the chairman continued
with his presidential address in which he highlighted salient achievements of the
present executive committee. He thanked all executive committee members for their
hard work and co-operation.
3. The minutes of the XXXIst AGM held on 18th June, 2010 at Hotel Classic
Avenue was read by the Hon Secretary which was approved by the GB.
4. The Hon. Secretary then presented the report for the year 2010-2011. During the
discussion members wanted to thank VSSC and NIIST for the support received for
the chapter activities. It was included and the GB approved the report.
5. Hon treasurer presented the audited chapter accounts as on 31/03/2011 and
Building fund account as on 31/03/2011. GB approved the accounts.
6. Following Resolutions were presented by Hon. Secretary
In the seminar 2008 account an amount of Rs.16667/- was expected to be
received from BRNS toward sponsorship of the seminar "Special purpose,
strategic and futuristic materials for high technology sector". This amount is
shown as receivable on the seminar2008 account. As the amount could not be
realized so far, the General Body is permitting executive committee to write off the
The resolution was approved.
7. Returning officer, Dr. S. Aravamuthan, Group Director, PCM, VSSC declared the
results of election for executive committee for the year 2011-2013.
8. The present executive committee of The Indian Institute of Metals, Trivandrum
Chapter assumed handed over the to new excutive committee with following the
Chairman - Dr. M.R Suresh, DPD, GSLV, VSSC, Trivandrum
Vice Chairman - Dr. U.T.S. Pillai, Scientist, CSIR-NIIST, Trivandrum
Hon. Secretary - Dr. R. K. Gupta, Scientist, VSSC, Trivandrum
Hon. Joint Secretary - Dr. T.P.D. Rajan, Scientist, CSIR-NIIST, Trivandrum
Hon. Treasurer - Shri Pravin Muneshwar, Scientist, VSSC, Trivandrum
Executive Committee members:
1. Shri M.C. Shaji, CSIR-NIIST, Trivandrum
2. Dr. M. Ravi, CSIR-NIIST, Trivandrum
3. Dr. S.V.S. NarayanA Murty, VSSC, Trivandrum
4. Mr V. Anil Kumar, VSSC, Trivandrum
5. Shri Naresh Kumar , VSSC, Trivandrum
9. The meeting concluded at 9.30 PM after dinner.
The minutes are presented for approval of GB.
Chairman Hon. Secretary
Resolution Proposed in XXXIII rd AGM, 25.5.2012
The main income of the chapter is only the grant received from head quarters which is
not sufficient to meet the expenses of the chapter activities. Hence the GB has passed
a resolution to transfer 50% of interest received/accrued in the building fund account to
the chapter account to a maximum of Rs. 1.0 lakh to meet chapter's expenses.
Recently it is noted that, money less than (Rs. 1.0 lakh) is insufficient to conduct
chapter activities. Hence the GB is requested to modify the previous resolution of
transferring '50% of interest received/accrued in the building fund account to a
maximum of Rs.1.0 lakh to the chapter account' to 'Rs. 1.0 lakh of interest
received/accrued in the building fund account to the chapter account' to meet chapter's